Wednesday, June 17, 2009

...is at peace.


Today's contemplation is spirituality. For me, such matters are intimate and private, and I try to keep them as such unless asked. That said, I won't have much to say today. Based on the novels I've been posting lately, let's just skip to what I'm sure you want to hear. You're welcome.

What I will do briefly is highly recommend Deepak Chopra's book, Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment. Written as a work of fiction based on historical facts of the life of Siddhartha Gautama and his journey to enlightenment, Chopra does an amazing job of bringing the Buddha to life. If you are a student of Buddhism, you will find an intimate portrait of the man who became the Buddha. If you are simply interested in reading, you will enjoy the stories of the life of the prince, the monk, the Buddha. Chopra also weaves an understanding of the basic concepts of Buddhism into this easy-to-read novel. I see Chopra has a new book out, too, Jesus: A Story of Enlightenment. I'll have to check that one out next.

Until tomorrow, look for the divine in the ordinary. Take time to center yourself. Meditate. Pray. Do whatever you do to find peace in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment